Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Santa Monica company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Santa Monica, California businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone system to include remote users is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Santa Monica, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.