Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Santa Monica organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Santa Monica, California organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Santa Monica, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.