Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Santa Monica company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Santa Monica, California businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Santa Monica, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.