Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Sarasota company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Sarasota, Florida businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Sarasota, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.