Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Sarasota company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Sarasota, Florida businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Sarasota, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.