Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Schaumburg company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Schaumburg, Illinois businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Schaumburg, Illinois organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.