Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Scottsdale company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Scottsdale, Arizona businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your existing Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Scottsdale, Arizona business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.