Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Scottsdale company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Scottsdale, Arizona businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Scottsdale, Arizona company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.