Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Chesapeake company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Chesapeake, Virginia businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Chesapeake, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.