Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Lower Manhattan organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lower Manhattan, New York organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Lower Manhattan, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.