Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Lower Manhattan organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Lower Manhattan, New York companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Lower Manhattan, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.