Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Pittsburgh company to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.