Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Pittsburgh organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.