Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Rochester organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Rochester, New York companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Rochester, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.