Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Rochester organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Rochester, New York organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Rochester, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.