Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your St. Paul company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help St. Paul, Minnesota businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your St. Paul, Minnesota company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.