Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your St. Paul company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist St. Paul, Minnesota businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your St. Paul, Minnesota business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.