Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Stockton company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Stockton, California companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Stockton, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.