Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Toledo organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Toledo, Ohio businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Toledo, Ohio organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.