Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Walnut Creek organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Walnut Creek, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Walnut Creek, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.