Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Walnut Creek organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Walnut Creek, California businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Walnut Creek, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.