Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Washington company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Washington, Washington companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Washington, Washington business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.