Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Washington company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Washington, Washington businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Washington, Washington company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.