Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Winston-Salem organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Winston-Salem, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Winston-Salem, North Carolina organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.