Features and Benefits of SharePoint Portal Server 2003
Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 is a mature platform for intelligently connecting people, teams and information. SharePoint Portal Server 2003 provides a central place for your employees or clients to access, manage, share and interact with relevant information, documents, applications and other people. It enables quicker and better decisions, more effective sharing across teams and more streamlined business processes.
The primary goal of SharePoint Portal Server is to bring together, in a relevant way, all of the diverse sources of knowledge and information available inside and outside an organization. This includes connecting workers, customers, teams and projects with the knowledge, information and data they've created in a way that makes them easy to find, retrieve and re-use.
SharePoint Portal Server 2003 provides a powerful array of features to support collaboration including:
Key features of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 include:
- Creating, deploying and managing customizable corporate intranet, extranet and Internet portal solutions for small groups, large business units or entire enterprises, dramatically expanding the number of users, sites and documents that can be managed.
- Enterprise searching of all of the information in an organization - regardless of whether the information is stored on file servers, Web sites, other document storage systems or line-of-business applications.
- Supporting customizable structures for creating, organizing and locating all sources of information within an organization including division and business unit portal sites, team collaboration project web sites, My Site personal web sites and other content using a searchable hierarchy of keyword best bets.
- Personalized categorization and delivery of portal and other enterprise information and data based on customizable user profiles and organization-defined audiences.
Important benefits of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 include:
- Creation of SharePoint sites using Site Directory (corporate site taxonomy)
- Centralized administration of all portal and team sites in an organization
- Single-sign on for enterprise applications
- Enterprise search for all data and information in the organization
How Progent Can Help You with SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Improved enterprise efficiency and effectiveness
- More efficient searching and retrieval of information and data from anywhere in the organization
- Greater overall productivity resulting from greater re-use and more effective team collaboration
Progent's SharePoint experts can help you manage and tune an existing implementation of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and can also assist you to design and implement a smooth migration to a current version of SharePoint by providing SharePoint Server 2013 migration services, SharePoint 2016 hybrid cloud integration consulting, or SharePoint 2019 migration consulting. If you are considering an upgrade from SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to SharePoint Online, Progent can help you configure a modern content management solution that integrates SharePoint Online with other cloud-based services including Office 365 and Exchange Online. Progent's specialists in high-availability networking can show you how to configure a fault-tolerant infrastructure to keep your network up and running, and Progent's GIAC-certified information assurance consultants and CISSP-certified cybersecurity and compliance experts can evaluate the security of your existing information system and help you develop a comprehensive security plan that incorporates software and hardware products and configurations, network topology, and corporate policies and procedures that allow safe and efficient collaboration and information sharing.
To ask Progent about technical expertise for SharePoint Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For companies of any size anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts can provide affordable online computer assistance and professional consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can provide Windows Server 2019 migration expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Windows Server 2012 R2 planning assistance, Windows Server 2008 consulting, and Windows Server 2003 maintenance. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and support services include network architecture, deployment, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system troubleshooting,
Help Desk Services, comprehensive
security consulting, IT
outsourcing, Microsoft Exchange Server hosting, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent also can deliver a broad array of remote PC desktop services including Windows 10 planning consulting, Microsoft Windows 8.1 configuration and support, Windows 7 technical support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office and Office 365 collaboration support, and automating workstation deployment.
If your company requires immediate online help from a certified network expert, go to Progent's Emergency Remote Technical Help.
Find out more about Progent's Microsoft technology consulting services.