Progent's Shared Service Desk
Progent's Shared Help Desk service enables your IT staff to split responsibilities for Service Desk support seamlessly between your internal support group and Progent's extensive roster of certified IT support technicians, engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Shared Service Desk is a collaborative IT service system built around ConnectWise Manage, the industry-leading Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool for administering IT support calls, generating trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking status, and producing management analytics. The cost for Level 1 IT support for Progent's Shared Help Desk service is typically below $18/user/month.
Progent's Co-managed Service Desk offers a transparent supplement to your internal support team. End user access to the Service Desk, delivery of support services, escalation, trouble ticket generation and updates, efficiency metrics, and management of the service database are consistent regardless of whether incidents are taken care of by your in-house IT support group, by Progent's team, or by a combination. All client service calls are ranked as Level 1, 2 or 3 issues. Progent takes responsibility for whatever service level or levels you specify (typically Levels 1 and 3). Original support requests are routed either to your internal support resources or to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC), depending on your preferences. Level 2 or Level 3 tickets can be escalated to Progent's Experts Team of subject matter experts (SMEs). The escalation procedure is seamless for your clients. You have unrestricted versatility to expand or shrink your share of support activity as needed. Progent provides initial installation and provisioning of the professional services automation software plus workflow documentation, testing and training.
A collaborative ticketing system tracks support issues through the complete trouble ticket lifecycle
Progent's Technical Response Center
Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) has been providing remote IT support for over two decades and serves active clients in each state in the country (see Progent's customer testimonials.) The TRC provides the team of veteran desktop experts who can handle Level 1 tickets, which make up the bulk of Help Desk service requests. The Technical Response Center, like Progent's Experts Team, uses the ConnectWise Manage professional services automation software platform to streamline ticketing, status tracking, responsibility delegation, escalation and management reporting. This system keeps problems from being overlooked and offers clients clear visibility of all services provided. Progent's TRC targets 90% live answer rate and allows Progent's Co-managed Help Desk program to include a 60-minute service-level agreement. Support hours are 5am to 7pm Pacific Time on normal business days. Extended hours and onsite support are offered at additional cost. For more details about Progent's TRC, see Progent's Technical Response Center Customer Commitment.
Definition of Service Levels
Progent offers three levels of online IT service, which align with industry-standard Tier 1 through Tier 3 service. You can pick which support levels will be provided exclusively or shared by Progent and your internal service group. The depth and scope of Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) allows rapid and effective escalation and makes it possible to rely on Progent as a one-stop source for most support issues at any service level. Also, Progent's practice of knowledge transfer allows key service issues to move from higher to lower levels as solution processes become recorded and standardized so they can be handled by less skilled and less expensive support personnel.
Support levels are described as:
Example of a Trouble Ticket Lifecycle
- Level 1 Support: Filters Service Desk requests and provides baseline IT support and debugging, like password issues, printer set up, break/fix procedures, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support. A Level 1 tech gathers and analyzes information about the user's issue and determines the best way to resolve the problem. Level 1 service may also provide support for familiar Level 2 and Level 3 problems where solutions have already been recorded.
- Level 2 Support: Generally addresses break/fix, configuration problems, troubleshooting, software deployment, and hardware fixes including on-premises fixes or coordinating depot services. This Level involves escalated issues that Level 1 support is not qualified to handle. Level support can occasionally evolve to Level 3, depending on the problem and the manner the Service Desk operates.
- Level 3 Support: Troubleshooting, setup, DBA, and fixes or updates for server, cloud integration, messaging, file shares, and common infrastructure issues. In addition to possessing the capability to deploy fixes to new problems, a Level 3 engineer usually has the most experience.
A common example of a ticket lifecycle is the situation where you want Progent's TRC to triage all service requests. In this case, Progent may be tasked with dealing directly with all the Level 1 desktop issues your clients initiate. Progent can route the remaining support requests to your internal support team. Your in-house network support team would address the Level 2 requests they have the knowledge and bandwidth to resolve and escalate any residual issues to Progent's Level 3 Experts Team.
Example Trouble Ticket Lifecycle
Tickets can move transparently within Progent's Technical Response Center, your in-house network support team, and Progent's SME Team
This sample implementation of Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Service has a four-phase ticket lifecycle:
Note that all groups that service the trouble ticket can examine and update the content, and the ticket system automatically notifies your end users about updates to ticket status. Because of the detailed, shared reporting process inherent in the ticketing system, repeat technical problems that at first require a high-level of expertise can eventually move to a lower service level for quicker and less costly repair.
- Your employees generate requests via the browser-based support, a dedicated telephone number, or by sending a message to a specific email address. This immediately launches an open request in the trouble ticket system.
- Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) gets the open request and decides if it will be handles or promoted to your internal Help Desk.
- Your Help Desk receives the forwarded trouble ticket request and determines the proper way to resolve the problem. If needed, your Service Desk can in turn escalate the ticket request back to Progent for resolution by Progent's Experts Team.
- Progent gets the revised trouble ticket request, selects the best suited subject matter exert from the Experts Team, and tasks the designated SME to co-operate with your IT group until the issue is resolved or closed.
Key Features of Progent's Service Desk
Top features of Progent's Shared Call Desk program include:
Specifics of Progent's Co-managed Service Desk Support Offering
- Pooled Level 1 support from Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) team
- Desktop remote support available 5 days a week, 5am-7pm Pacific Time, One-hour SLA
- Special per-hour rate and per-minute granularity for Level 1 desktop support for end users
- Average price of Level 1 service is about $18 per user per month
- Level 2 and Level 3 help from Progent subject matter expert available as an option at Progent's normal consulting fees
- De-escalation permits issues that initially require Level 2 or Level 3 expertise to drop to a lower, less costly Tier once procedures are documented
- StreamlineIT provides a full version of ConnectWise Manage with multi-tenant security
Progent's Co-managed Help Desk program is intended to offer a flexible, co-operative call desk system for medium-size organizations. Details of these services, with Progent providing Level 1 support, include:
- Offered only in USA and US territories
- Initial setup fee based on complexity of the solution
- Live Answer of incoming service requests to Progent Technical Response Center (TRC) with a target of 90% Live Answer of all requests
- After deciding whether server or network infrastructure assistance is needed, some calls will be escalated to Level 2 or 3 support
- All support requiring Level 2 or 3 expertise will be handled by a Progent SME after receiving your authorization
- 1 hour SLA for Level 1 desktop support in most cases
- Level 1 Support is for end users and applies to Windows-powered systems and Apple systems
- Progent Level 2 or Level 3 services will be charged at regular hourly consulting rates
- Progent will provide personnel - Technical Response Center desktop specialists daily, Level 2 and Level 3 as needed
- Progent will dedicate a phone number and email mailbox for inbound service requests
- Free Remote Control app with screen sharing for efficient technical troubleshooting
- Free ProSight IT Asset Management solution for network documentation management
- All Level 1 remote service is charged at a special hourly rate with one-minute granularity
- All Level 1 service will be performed online, no onsite support included
- All on-premises support will be invoiced at standard hourly consulting rates
- All on-premises support will have an additional fixed charge as well as any specific travel costs
- All travel expense estimates will be disclosed and need client agreement before support services or travel will be performed
- Contracted projects and separate Statements of Work (SoWs) will include their individual estimates and costs stated and will be undertaken only after authorization by customer
Progent's non-disruptive onboarding procedure allows your organization to migrate seamlessly to a co-managed Service Desk and an advanced ticketing and reporting solution. Major steps in the onboarding procedure for Progent's Shared Help Desk Service include:
- Create your custom Service Desk environment, setting up your in-house team, service locations, and client data
- Progent's consultants will work closely with your service team to review current incoming service calls
- Configure your incoming support request service to incorporate email, software agents, and a dedicated telephone number
- Progent provides trouble ticket management education for your support group
- Jointly define basic workflow and escalation procedures
- Add all your groups and assets that will deliver support services
- Create the announcement message and promotion of the new Service Desk environment
- Designate a specific location or manageably-sized clusters of users to onboard initially
- Bring more groups of users into the solution at a workable pace
- Review reports and system setup for efficient data and workflow
- Create additional reports or fields needed to enhance the detection or monitoring of common IT problems
- Identify missing data that might enable a higher resolution rate for Level 1 support requests
Advantages of Progent's Co-managed Service Desk
- All clients have been introduced to the support system and can access it
- All necessary client and hardware data is populated in the service system
- You can transfer and manage tickets transparently between your internal team and Progent
- You can view service performance and trends
Progent's Shared Help Desk service delivers a range of benefits that enable businesses to give clients rapid and effective IT services while simultaneously trimming costs and reducing administrative burden. Advantages of Progent's Co-managed Help Desk services include:
Check Out Progent's White Paper: Is Co-managed IT a Good Idea?
- Keep total control of your IT service issues: you decide what tickets are forwarded to Progent's support desk or taken care of by your internal support team.
- Fast access to supplemental IT support experts when you need them: Progent's professional services automation software automatically routes internal tickets or allows you manually forward to Progent's TRC.
- Efficiency: Progent's consultants will review your incoming support requests and propose missing information that would promote an improved success rate for common desktop issues. Progent's IT support experts can also assist you to improve tag creation to expedite problem resolution.
- Transparency: Progent's Co-managed Service Desk works as a seamless extension of your in-house Call Center with centralized ticketing and documentation so no ticket falls between the cracks.
- Contented employees: End users are able to track the progress of their IT service requests rapidly and easily.
- Management insight: You benefit from the metrics, responsibility assignments, and performance reporting of a modern PSA platform to assist you to build a custom Service Desk environment that provides maximum business value.
- Focus on your core business issues, not IT support requests and unhappy users: Your network management personnel avoid being bogged down trying to manage common service calls.
Though having your own self-sufficient internal network support staff can prove a burden from the budgetary perspective, many organizations opt for that strategy because it provides more control over their information system management. But did you know that you can continue to leverage the benefits of a managed services firm within the shared network service approach. The shared services model allows your company to stay in control over your system infrastructure while supplementing your local IT team easily and economically.
To learn more, check out our white paper: Is co-managed IT a good idea? (PDF - 632 KB).
Download Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's Co-managed Help Desk, see:
Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Datasheet. (PDF - 108 KB)
Progent has developed the ProSight suite of remote monitoring and management (RMM) services to streamline vital processes associated with IT administration, cybersecurity and upkeep. Any of these services can be integrated with Progent's Shared Help Desk service by installing agent apps on machines to be tracked and managed. Alerts generated by these software agents can be routed directly to Progent's Technical Response Center, managed via the trouble ticket and tracking system, and categorized for Level 1, 2 or 3 treatment.
Examples of ProSight Remote Monitoring and Management packages include:
Why Pick Progent?
- ProSight Email Guard: Email Content Filtering, Spam Blocking and Data Leakage Defense:
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that incorporates the technology of leading data security companies to deliver centralized management and world-class security for your email traffic. The powerful structure of Progent's Email Guard integrates a Cloud Protection Layer with an on-premises gateway appliance to provide advanced protection against spam, viruses, Dos Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-based malware. The cloud filter acts as a first line of defense and keeps the vast majority of unwanted email from reaching your network firewall. This reduces your vulnerability to inbound threats and conserves system bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's onsite security gateway device provides a further level of inspection for inbound email. For outgoing email, the onsite gateway offers anti-virus and anti-spam protection, DLP, and email encryption. The onsite gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to track and safeguard internal email traffic that stays inside your corporate firewall. For more information, visit ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM): AI-based Threat Scanning and Ransomware Defense:
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection service that utilizes next generation behavior machine learning tools from SentinelOne to defend physical and virtual endpoints against new malware attacks such as ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely escape legacy signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight ASM safeguards local and cloud resources and offers a unified platform to address the entire malware attack progression including filtering, identification, mitigation, remediation, and forensics. Key features include one-click rollback using Windows VSS and real-time system-wide immunization against new threats. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Cloud-based Backup and Disaster Recovery:
Progent has partnered with advanced backup/restore product companies to produce ProSight Data Protection Services, a family of subscription-based management offerings that deliver backup-as-a-service. All ProSight DPS services manage and monitor your backup processes and enable non-disruptive backup and fast recovery of vital files, applications, system images, and VMs. ProSight DPS helps you avoid data loss resulting from equipment failures, natural calamities, fire, cyber attacks such as ransomware, user error, ill-intentioned employees, or application bugs. Managed services available in the ProSight DPS family include ProSight Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro Office 365 Backup), ProSight DPS ECHO Backup based on Barracuda dedicated hardware, and ProSight MSP360 Cloud and On-prem Backup. Your Progent expert can assist you to determine which of these managed backup services are most appropriate for your network.
- Progent's Patch Management: Patch Management Services:
Progent's support services for software and firmware patch management provide businesses of any size a flexible and cost-effective alternative for evaluating, testing, scheduling, implementing, and documenting updates to your dynamic IT system. In addition to maximizing the security and functionality of your computer network, Progent's software/firmware update management services permit your in-house IT team to concentrate on more strategic initiatives and tasks that deliver the highest business value from your network. Find out more about Progent's patch management services.
- ProSight Duo Two-Factor Authentication: ID Confirmation, Endpoint Remediation, and Secure Single Sign-on (SSO):
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification on iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to verify who you are via a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services.
As a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner, Progent offers your clients quick and convenient access to a seasoned Service Desk group able to deliver IT assistance. Progent has decades of background delivering phone support for IT systems that incorporate Microsoft technology. Progent's focus is on earning the Service Desk a positive image as a valuable factor in your organization's success. Progent attempts to fix and not merely track problems, and Progent's goal for long-term customers is to resolve 80% or more of Help Desk service requests on the first call. First-call resolution is a key factor in lowering Service Desk costs, enhancing the reputation of the IT group in general and the Service Desk in particular, and raising client satisfaction.
Get Started with Progent's Shared Network Call Center Support
To find out more about Progent's Shared Network Call Center Services, call 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.