Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Shreveport organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Shreveport, Louisiana companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Shreveport, Louisiana business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.