Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Shreveport organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Shreveport, Louisiana organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Support Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that guards vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Shreveport, Louisiana organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.