Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Shreveport organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Shreveport, Louisiana businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Shreveport, Louisiana business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.