Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Sioux Falls organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Sioux Falls, South Dakota organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help you to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Sioux Falls, South Dakota business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.