Remote Security Inventory Scanning Packages
Progent offers small businesses specially designed Security Inventory Scanning Packages that provide, at a set price, remotely managed inventory scans of your network security profile which are evaluated by professional security engineers who assess the results of the scan, deliver objective evaluations of your existing network security, and make suggestions for improvements. Progent offers two complementary Security Inventory Scanning Packages for external and internal security testing that are priced to fit the budgets of small businesses while providing enterprise-class assessments of your network vulnerability.
Progent's External and Internal Security Inventory Scanning Packages evaluate areas of security vulnerability commonly found inside and outside the firewalls of small business networks. Both these non-overlapping scanning services are intended to detect areas where small businesses are inadvertently opening their networks to attacks. Progent's certified security engineers manage the security scans remotely, minimizing the cost of the service and expediting the process without sacrificing completeness.
Neither scanning session disrupts your network productivity. Progent quickly analyzes the results of the security scans and presents an actionable report that includes recommendations for mitigating any threats that are uncovered. This quick turnaround allows you to address your security vulnerabilities promptly to minimize your exposure to attack. Progent is available to make any suggested security improvements, but all recommendations made by Progent are reported in a way that any professional security engineer can implement them.
Top Features and Benefits of Progent's Security Inventory Packages for Small Business Networks
The External and Internal Security Inventory Scanning Packages provided by Progent offer a variety of features and benefits that are especially attractive to small businesses who lack the budget to afford on-site security consultants or in-house security teams but who still need bullet-proof security for their information systems. Here are some of the primary reasons that Progent's security scanning packages make sense for small businesses:
External Security Inventory Scanning Package
- Affordable: Progent's External and Internal Security Inventory Scanning Packages are both offered at an affordable, preset price, giving you budgetary visibility and avoiding the open-endedness that can discourage small businesses from taking on IT projects. Progent's reports analyzing the findings of the security scans include clear descriptions of configuration issues among operating systems, application programs, and network devices that leave attack vectors exposed to assault. It is these configuration problems that lead to the vast majority of security breakdowns in small business networks. Once these security gaps are known, it is usually a simple and inexpensive matter to resolve them.
- Quick Turnaround: Typically it takes only one business day for Progent's security engineers to complete the process of scanning your network, evaluating the collected data, reporting the results, and recommending remediation. By completing the process quickly, Progent reduces the time window during which your network is exposed to attack as well as the time you spend worrying about it. Progent's simple engagement model and fast project turnaround also minimizes management distraction so that you can concentrate more on core business issues and less on network support. The same engineering skills, technical tools, and remote operation that make Progent's Security Inventory Scanning Packages inexpensive also help make the process fast.
- Remote and Safe: Progent's External and Internal Security Inventory Scanning Packages are conducted remotely using a secure Internet connection. Running the Internal Security Inventory Scanning Package requires the temporary use of a computer you designate inside your firewall. Setting up external or internal scans takes only minutes, and Progent's certified security engineers analyze the scanned data and prepare reports at a remote site. No onsite visits are required for Progent's Security Inventory Scanning Packages, and if you select Progent to perform any recommended security remediation, that task is also performed remotely. Progent is a pioneer in providing remote network support, and Progent's skill with this mode of service allows Progent's security scanning packages to be safe and comprehensive as well as fast and inexpensive.
- Tests Your Configuration: The scanning process that is the heart of Progent's security evaluation packages is not designed to detect or eradicate viruses, worms, or other malicious software that may have successfully penetrated your existing network security. Many products are available to perform this function at little or no cost. The intention behind Progent's scanning service is to analyze your network infrastructure for security gaps that allow assaults to be successful. By identifying configuration issues that leave your network exposed to attack, Progent's Security Inventory Scanning Packages allows you to make your network less susceptible to penetration from outside and inside your firewall. This proactive approach ultimately lets you spend less time recovering and cleaning up because it closes common attack vectors.
- Objective Security Experts: Progent's team of security specialists has earned certifications from the industry's leading security standards organizations such as the SANS Institute, the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC), and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). Progent's security team has helped businesses of all sizes to validate their conformance to mandated government and industry security standards by providing objective assessments of their network infrastructure, security policies, and operational processes. Progent's Network Security Inventory Scanning Packages offer the benefits of Progent's objective, professional consulting expertise in the form of a focused and effective service that a small business can afford.
- Comprehensive: Progent's security engineers have studied the latest techniques used by hackers to steal corporate information, hijack network resources, and generally wreak havoc. Among the professional certifications held by Progent's security experts is the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) credential provided by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) to certify an engineer's expertise in penetration testing. Most hostile network attacks aim at detecting and taking advantage of security holes that are typically easy to close. The challenge is to detect the vulnerable aspects of your network before a malicious hacker does. Progent's Security Inventory Scanning Packages each look at distinct areas in a small business network that may expose you to an attack. Either service will result in a thorough assessment of the area being examined, but the combination of the external and internal scanning packages will provide a comprehensive test of your network's susceptibility to attack.
- Assessments You Can Act On: Progent's External and Internal Security Inventory Scanning Packages collect extensive information about your network's security profile. Progent's security professionals interpret this collected data and generate a report that spells out the critical findings of the security scan, explains their implications concerning the safety of your network, and recommends specific mitigation procedures. These procedures can be performed remotely and quickly by Progent's support professionals at Progent's standard by-the-minute rates, by your internal network support group, or by an outside consultant or service organization of your choosing. However you decide to proceed, Progent's report provides clear direction about what security gaps need to be fixed.
With Progent's External Security Inventory Scanning Package, advanced scanning software remotely checks the security profile that your network presents to the world outside your firewall. Vulnerabilities can take the form of open ports and software services such as email, websites, business application software, utilities for remote connectivity, or any service that communicates outside your security perimeter.
A Progent security engineer will analyze the data collected by the remote security scan and generate a summary report that explains the results. The report will include recommendations for resolving any security issues uncovered by the scan. The external scan will not affect your network performance or disrupt productivity. Progent offers this service package for an affordable set fee that includes all setup work, remote security scanning, expert evaluation, report creation, and suggestions for improvements. Any remediation support that you request Progent to perform is billed as a separate project at Progent's standard rates. The recommended remediation activity is clearly defined in the report and can be implemented by any qualified security consultant or network engineer.
Internal Security Inventory Scanning Package
Security assaults are often launched from within a network firewall. Security breaches can be the result of workers who carelessly connect compromised portable computers to your environment, employees who attempt to retrieve protected information or gain network administration rights for which they have not been unauthorized, or unassociated individuals lurking physically nearby unguarded wireless gateways. Progent's Internal Network Security Inventory Package looks within your security perimeter for open ports and services that, despite being protected by your firewall from exposure to the outside world, could still be exploited by a malicious attacker. To execute the internal scan, Progent requires the temporary use of a computer located inside your firewall. A Progent security engineer will utilize secure remote access software to download a virtual machine and advanced scanning tools to your designated internal computer, initiate the scanning process remotely, and upload the scanned data to Progent's remote site. It is not necessary for a Progent security engineer to incur the costs of visiting your location in person, and the time needed to set up and delete the scanning software on your internal computer is insignificant.
The Progent security professional administering Internal Security Inventory Scanning Package will evaluate the data collected by the security scan and generate a report that explains the results and recommends any appropriate corrective actions. Progent provides scanning service at an affordable set price that covers setup, provisioning your internal computer, date analysis, creating the report, and recommendations for improving your network security. The package price does not include any corrective services which Progent may recommend. Recommended follow-on corrective services will be clearly described in Progent's report and can be performed by any qualified security specialist or network engineer. Progent will perform corrective services at Progent's standard consulting rates.
Download Progent's Datasheet for Security Inventory Scanning Packages
To download a single-page printable datasheet describing Progent's two set-price Security Inventory Scan service packages for small businesses, click:
Security Inventory Scanning Packages
Other Security Testing and Consulting Services from Progent
Progent can provide a variety of additional security services for assessing the vulnerabilities of your network, confirming compliance with mandated security standards, and high-level consulting on how to strengthen the security of your network infrastructure:
Find Out More About Progent's Security Auditing Services
- Enterprise Vulnerability Assessment Service Packages
Progent offers several enterprise security vulnerability testing packages designed for large companies who are looking for an objective third-party security consulting firm to verify compliance with government or industry security standards. For these packaged services, Progent engineers with advanced security credentials evaluate security data collected both automatically and manually. Progent generates and presents extensive management and engineering reports based on the collected data and offers recommendations for enhancements. For an additional fee Progent will provide on-site security engineers anywhere in the United States.
- Unannounced Penetration Testing
Progent can perform in-depth network penetration testing without the knowledge of internal IT resources. Unannounced Security Testing reveals whether in-place network security monitoring tools like penetration detection alerts and event log tracking are correctly set up and consistently managed. Progent security engineers can use various popular hacker techniques to extend attack vectors to gain an understanding of the entire network and detect how many internal systems can be connected to and compromised. This method of vulnerability checking can expose the full extent of the security flaws of a network.
- Network Security Assessment Consulting
Progent's advanced network security audit and compliance testing services can help your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and check your IT environment to allow you to build the highest degree of protection into your IT system. Progent's security consultants can also test your web business applications for security weaknesses and can perform company-wide security audits to validate your company's adherence to major security specifications including HIPAA, NIST, and ISO.
If you're looking for additional information about Progent's network security inventory offerings, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.