Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Baltimore company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Baltimore, Maryland companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Baltimore, Maryland organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.