Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Baltimore organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Baltimore, Maryland organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or revise the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Baltimore, Maryland organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.