Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Birmingham company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Birmingham, Alabama organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or update their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Birmingham, Alabama organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.