Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cincinnati company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Cincinnati, Ohio companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Cincinnati, Ohio organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.