Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Cincinnati company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Cincinnati, Ohio businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that permits at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Cincinnati, Ohio organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.