Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Cincinnati organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Cincinnati, Ohio businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects critical data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Cincinnati, Ohio business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.