Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Columbus company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Columbus, Ohio companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or update the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Columbus, Ohio organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.