Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Columbus organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Columbus, Ohio businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Columbus, Ohio business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.