Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Durham organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Durham, North Carolina companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Durham, North Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.