Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Grand Rapids company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Grand Rapids, Michigan companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your existing Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers often use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Grand Rapids, Michigan business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.