Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Huntington Beach company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Huntington Beach, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your current Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Huntington Beach, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.