Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Huntington Beach company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Huntington Beach, California companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your company to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Huntington Beach, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.