Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Indianapolis company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Indianapolis, Indiana companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Support Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Indianapolis, Indiana company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.