Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Irvine organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Irvine, California businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to include remote users is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or edit their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Irvine, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.