Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Irvine company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Irvine, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Call Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards vital data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Irvine, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.