Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Knoxville company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Knoxville, Tennessee organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that safeguards critical information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Knoxville, Tennessee organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.