Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Knoxville organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Knoxville, Tennessee businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Knoxville, Tennessee company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.