Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Madison organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Madison, Wisconsin companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or edit their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Madison, Wisconsin business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.