Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Madison organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Madison, Wisconsin businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or edit their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Madison, Wisconsin business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.