Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Monterey company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Monterey, California organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Monterey, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.