Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Monterey company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Monterey, California businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that enables remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Monterey, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.