Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Oklahoma CIty company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.