Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Oklahoma CIty organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.