Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Omaha company to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Omaha, Nebraska businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Omaha, Nebraska organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.