Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Pasadena organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Pasadena, California businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Pasadena, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.