Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Richmond company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Richmond, Virginia businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable online support for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Richmond, Virginia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.