Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Riverside organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Riverside, California companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Riverside, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.