Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Roseville company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Roseville, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects vital information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Roseville, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.