Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Spokane organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Spokane, Washington organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Spokane, Washington business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.