Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Spokane company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Spokane, Washington businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or revise their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Spokane, Washington company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.