Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Tukwila organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Tukwila, Washington companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Tukwila, Washington company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.