Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Southfield company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Southfield, Michigan businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Southfield, Michigan company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.