Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Southfield company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Southfield, Michigan businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Southfield, Michigan business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.