Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Spartanburg organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Spartanburg, South Carolina businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Spartanburg, South Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.