Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Springfield company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Springfield, Illinois organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit the status of their current tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Springfield, Illinois business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.