Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Springfield organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Springfield, Illinois businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards vital information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Springfield, Illinois company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.