Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your St. Louis company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help St. Louis, Missouri companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your St. Louis, Missouri organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.