Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your St. Louis organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help St. Louis, Missouri businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your St. Louis, Missouri company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.