Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your St. Paul organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help St. Paul, Minnesota companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your St. Paul, Minnesota business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.