Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your St. Paul organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help St. Paul, Minnesota companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your St. Paul, Minnesota company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.