Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Stamford organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Stamford, Connecticut businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Stamford, Connecticut business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.