Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Tacoma company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Tacoma, Washington organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Tacoma, Washington organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.