Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Tacoma organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Tacoma, Washington organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards critical data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Tacoma, Washington company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.