Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Albuquerque organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Albuquerque, New Mexico companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Call Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Albuquerque, New Mexico business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.