Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Albuquerque organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Albuquerque, New Mexico organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Albuquerque, New Mexico business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.