Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Detroit company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Detroit, Michigan organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Detroit, Michigan business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.